Toro Equipment Screw Conveyors
The transport screws consist of a stainless steel casing in the form of a longitudinal cradle on which the helicoidal worm gear is mounted.
In order to obtain higher transport capacity, the worm gear without a central shaft, rotates around its axis and, because of its shape, moves the transported materials towards the discharge mouth.
These transporters are employed in various industries because they can be installed in a wide variety of configurations, elevations and in many process sectors. They may be used to dispense, transport and for storage. Helicoidal transporters carry materials in a horizontal direction and they are sometimes inclined at various angles according to needs.
Defender Compactor Screw
The Defender® Compactor Screw by Toro Equipment, is a compact piece of equipment that that performs several functions in the process of removing the solids coming from urban and industrial treatment plants, as well reducing their moisture content and their volume.
The Transportation – Dehydration – Compaction of solid waste (minimising their volume) Defender® compactors are pieces of equipment made of stainless steel AISI 304 or AISI 316 and are applied particularly to the treatment of solids coming from screening and grinding processes.
- Adaptable: it can be adapted to the installation requirements
- High performance
- Easy to install: it does not require any civil works or large spaces
- Durability: it is designed to prevent the metal parts coming into contact with material or the waste water to be treated
- No blockage or obstructions
- High transporting capacity
- It guarantees hygiene and an odourless process
- Easily accessible
- Pre-treatment : Screening and grinding phase
Defender Screw Conveyor
Screw Conveyor are composed of stainless steel casing in the form of longitudinal wedge where the endless screw is mounted.
Endless screws with no central shaft to achieve a greater transport rotation around the shaft. Its shape enables it to move the materials that are to be transported as far as the unloading hole.
These transporters are used in a wide variety of industries because they can be laid out in many different ways and in many process sectors.
Screw conveyor can be used for metering & proportioning, transporting and storage purposes.
Transport screws move materials horizontally and sometimes sloping at different angles, depending on requirements.
Defender Sand Remover
The Sand removers manufactured by Toro Equipment consist of a sander made of fibreglass reinforced polyester (FRP) or stainless steel, and a hollow shaft screw that contains and transports.
It forms part of the second pre-treatment phase, extracting the raw water, the suspended solids that are easy to decant such as gravel, sand and mineral particles, to prevent the channels and piping from silting up, protecting the rest of the items of equipment that make up the plant from abrasion, so there will be no overloading and blockage in the subsequent phases, and reducing the number of tasks involved where the homogenisation and biological ponds are concerned.
- Easy to clean and maintain: The water outlet zone can be easily inspected through a hatch that opens quickly
- There are no sealing problems: The operating device at the top of the transporter prevents airtightness problems
- Safety: the top of the transporter tank is covered with stainless steel or fibreglass reinforced polyester (FRP)
- Efficiency: It removes 97% of the sand particles down to a dimeter of 0.15-0.2 mm
- High-efficiency water treatment plants with a high sand content (Beet and potato processing)
Defender Channel Screen Conveyor
Defender® channel screen conveyors manufactured by Toro Equipment are items of equipment that perform three different functions:
Screening – conveying – Compacting different types of solids.
Installing this pre-treatment equipment in wastewater treatment plants will help to prevent the solids of different sizes and varieties that are present in waste water or process from silting it up channels, tanks and piping. It will thus protected the rest of the equipment in the plant from overloading and becoming blocked.
The meshwork screens the solids. It is in the shape of half a duct and made of drilled plating ( stainless steel) with 1 to 10 mm holes.
The compacting of these separate solids enables the user to minimise the moisture content and volume, thereby making it easier to manage.
These items of equipment are fitted in prefabricated channels or concrete channels. They can be made to slope at different angles according to requirements.
The Defender® channel screen conveyor comes in two versions:
- Screen Conveyor: without the compactor vat
- Compacter Screen Conveyor: with the compactor vat
- No obstructions
- High transport capacity
- It enables the user to transport a great variety of materials
- Easy to clean: The final spirals of the endless screw that is located in the channel are equipped with a brush on their outer surface that makes it possible to keep the meshwork constantly clean. A meshwork cleaning system using water jets is also provided for the compacting vat
- The endless screw is resistant to wear and tear caused by friction: the inner surface of the conveyor pipe is reinforced to prevent wear and tear
- Safety: the compacting vat is equipped with a cover at the top for inspection purposes
- Urban wastewater
- Farming & agricultural industries
- Food-processing industry: sugar refineries, meat processing plants, chemical industry, paper mills, etc
Defender Compact Pretreatment Plant
The Defender® compact pre-treatment plant by Toro Equipment is a compact unit for the pre-treatment of water made of Stainless Steel AISI 304 and 316.
The Defender® compact pre-treatment plant (CPP) is composed of one single item of equipment that performs several processes:
Grinding – Desanding – Degreasing
- Defender® Channel screen conveyor (CSC) or compactor
- 2 Defender® Transport screws (TS): Longitudinal and sloping
- Desanding and degreasing vat
- Scraper system made of fibreglass reinforced polyester (FRP)
Once the solids have been screened, compacted and de-sanded, the equipment is provided with a sprinkling system with fine bubbles at the bottom of the vat that enables the fats to float to the surface. The fats are then removed by means of an entrainment system with scrapers located at the end of the desanding and degreasing vat that conveys them to a hopper where they are extracted by gravity down a pipe.
- Easy and quick to install, and can be implemented in small spaces
- Easy and quick to maintain
- Very effective pre-treatment equipment, because it combines three processes in one
Draco Mixing Screw Conveyor
An additive mixer with a high transporting capacity.
The Draco® Transport Mixer Screw (TTM) by Toro Equipment is made of Stainless Steel.
- Capacity ranging from 0.3 to 10 m3 per hour
- High mixing capacity
- Dual interior mixing system
- The equipment can be incorporated into any wastewater treatment plant
- Economical mode of transport that takes up little room and has low maintenance costs
- Treatment of urban wastewater
- Treatment of industrial wastewater